Blueberry Orange Juice Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the egg, sugar, oil and orange juice in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat it just until the ingredients are combined.
- Beat in the baking powder, baking soda and salt, then add the flour in two increments and continue mixing just until incorporated.
- Use a spatula to carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake it for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and allow it to continue cooling on a rack before slicing and serving.